There is no charge for any of AMEN’s services.
1. La Grange Food Pantry (805 Mode Lane)
The La Grange Food Pantry provides a selection of fresh, frozen and non-perishable foods, depending on availability.
• Residents can visit the pantry once a month.
• Only one person living at a particular address is eligible. For example, if two adult women share a home, only one of them can receive food from AMEN.
• The amount of food each person gets is based on the number of people living at that address.
• Hours of operation are:
Monday 9:00 - 11:00 am
Thursday 1:00 - 3:00 pm
2. H-E-B Vouchers
Since meat and dairy products aren’t always available at AMEN, we provide vouchers so you can buy these items at H-E-B. You have to use the voucher within one week of the issue date.
3. Mobile Pantry (Waldeck Lutheran Church)
A mobile food pantry truck is parked at the Waldeck Lutheran Church on the third Saturday of every month. The church is located at the corner of FM 1291 and FM 2145. The mobile pantry is open from 10:00 to 11:30 am. Residents who get food at the La Grange Food Pantry can also come to the mobile pantry.
4. Second Chance Vouchers
Clients can get a Second Chance clothing voucher from AMEN every six months.
• Vouchers can only be redeemed by the person/people named on the voucher.
• If you need clothing for a spouse or child, they must be present when you apply for the voucher.
• Clothing is only given in the sizes appropriate for the people listed on the voucher.
• Vouchers can be redeemed at Second Chance on Tuesday or Wednesday.
5. Cooking Demonstrations
The La Grange Pantry periodically gives demonstrations on how to prepare healthy meals. Tasting samples and recipes are available. All of the recipes use ingredients commonly available at the pantry.
If you need help that AMEN cannot provide, we can give you a referral to another agency. Explain to the interviewer what you need, and we will try to connect with an appropriate agency.
7. Social Needs
Every 3rd Thursday of the month, a representative from Capital Area Food Bank is available to assist with social services needs, no appoint required. Hours 1-3pm